Sunday, March 23, 2008

Awesome time with family....

Our Easter this year was spent with my sister and husband in St. Augustine. I love it there, not only because she lives there, but also that they live near the water and the wonderful history of the city. If you've ever been there, then you know what I mean.

Friday night, our daughter came down from Jacksonville to visit, which is always great. We never can get enough time with our children. On Saturday, my sister and I went back up to Jax to see where she works and get some Italian Gilato (?). Yummy stuff! Saturday night, we had ribs that my brother-inlaw fixed on his Green Egg that were absolutely delicious. The meat just falls off the bone.

Chef Clyde at work!




Looking good, Clyde...oh, the aroma...






My sister came in for a little nibble...







The final product. Can't you just taste them, the meat tender & juicy, saucy with just enough kick, the second one tasting even better...oh, I'm sorry, the memory was just overwhelming...:)





We made the Easter Story Cookies which is a couple of posts down. You need to try these, they were awesome! And kids at church this morning loved the cookies and how they related to the Easter story.



We always feel like their church is our adopted church. Members remember us and always greet us warmly. It was heartwarming to see someone that has been struggling in his life, play the piano with a talent that is truly God-given. The hymns that we sang, watching the faces of the children during the story, hearing about our risen Lord and how this is a time for reconciliation in our lives and a renewing of our faith.



On the way home I thought about a situation that needs reconciliation, a new beginning...It is my fervent prayer that our Lord will intervene and give guidance to everyone involved. Please know that I pray for you daily, and there is nothing that can not be resolved, that can not be restored as long as you have God walking beside you. It just takes faith, courage and love.....

Have a blessed Monday......

1 comment:

phyl said...

This is such a beautiful post, Pat. We enjoyed having all of you and always do. The whole morning at church was so awesome - a lot of work but worth every minute. And yep, those ribs were delicious. Clyde took some to work this morning to share with people during the day.
We are so looking forward to our week in Dillard with you guys. Say a prayer that Dad will be up for the trip as well. I'll call you when I know something after his surgery.
I love you,
Phyl