Friday, January 11, 2008

Welcome to my new blog!

It seems like blogs are the "new" thing these days even tho they've been around for quite a while. So many in my family have one now that I thought I'd give it a try. I thought I'd talk about things that happen during the day, what's going on in the news....and then maybe nothing at all...just a little bit of this-n-that.

I work in special education and enjoy the work tremendously. Not a teacher but in the office where all the plans are written, where futures are mapped out or changed because of a student's poor decision. It is very rewarding to see a student become successful when they thought they couldn't achieve good grades & eventually a diploma. And disheartening when other troubled kids keep making the same dumb mistakes, eventually getting into serious trouble. The highlight of a day is visiting the brain injured kids who give you the biggest smile and are so happy to see you. That makes your day worthwhile!

Have a blessed day....

3 comments:

Lil. Bit said...

This is bethany! I'm glad to see that you have joined the blogging world! If you have time go check out mine and Brittany's blog at
http://laughingalongtheway.blogspot.com/
I look forward to reading your blog.

Pat said...

Hey Bethany! First comment and from someone I know. I have read your blog before and will do so again. Thanks for commenting and good luck on your tests next week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,
I enjoyed reading your first blog. I can't wait to see what other words of wisdom that you have for all of us!! :)
I love the pictures of your 4 legged children!! Adorable!!
I love you,
Phyl