Monday, January 21, 2008

I Am Legend

Have you ever walked out of a movie before? I almost did one time because the movie was really bad. I absolutely did today! My daughter and I went to see I Am Legend staring Will Smith. It's a story about the supposed cure for cancer being discovered but it mutated into a harmful virus. Once it became airborne, the virus killed mankind. Except for Smith, who turned out to be immune. He was the only human alive (at the point in which we were still in the theatre) in NYC. Then he finds these zombie creatures in a DARK room, WAY in the back of this warehouse and he can't find his beloved dog. (Great acting!) Luckily he gets out, but as intense as this scene was, we knew we were going to be scared out of our seats as the movie progressed!

We knew this when: 1) Smith said the creatures were starting to not fear the daylight, 2) he has a zombie locked up in his basement laboratory for testing, 3) we were starting to watch some scenes thru slitted eyes and 4) my daughter wouldn't let me go to the restroom. So we decided to leave. I think I almost heard someone say "chicken", "coward" or something close to it. We didn't care....at least we won't have nightmares tonight.

Our plan is to rent the DVD when it comes out. Watch it during the day, be ready to mute the sound, switch to I Love Lucy during the scary scenes and continue until we can make it all the way thru, sound and all!

Have a blessed night.....and zombie free!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Of all the good, NOT scary movies that are out...you see I Am Legend?!?! Haha...seriously, 27 Dresses? The Bucket List? Hellloooo? :-]

Pat said...

I Knowwwwww!!!! I wanted to see 27 Dresses, but nooooooo, she wanted to see this. I thought, how scary could it be??? Wellll, I found out!!!