Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cooking Gadgets

Do normal, everyday people actually use food processors? I like to watch the Food Network from time to time, hoping that something will inspire me to try a new recipe. Since going back to work last year after 18 years of being a stay at home mom (daughter went to college, bills to pay), we, like a lot of people, tend to fix the same dishes week in and week out. One of my New Year's resolutions was to try some new recipes and get my daughter that's still in high school cooking more. She's interested.....just has to be motivated....you know how that goes.

But back to the food processor. My mom-in-law (and YES, I absolutely LOVE my mother-in-law) gave me hers many years ago because, as you guessed it, she didn't really use it. And once it became mine, as you might have guessed, it stayed in the box in the bottom of the pantry. I think partly because I didn't know how to use it, was intimidated by it, so forth & so on.

I started watching the Food Network more over Christmas break. Rachel Ray's popping food into the processor, churning here and mixing there. And I started thinking...I could do that! So out it came. I took it apart....first mistake.....washed & dried it....and put it back together. Or at least tried to put it back together. It took quite a few minutes to figure out how everything fit!

So now it sits on the corner of my kitchen counter, looking very "chef-like". Just waiting for the right recipe.....and the right motivation......:). Where's my TV remote!

No comments: