Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Our family was blessed about a year ago with the gift of a boat. We love to fish, especially hubby. He has fished since he was a little boy. We both have great memories of fishing trips with our parents as little kids. One year I was in a boat with my dad on Lake George along with 2 other boats with family. It was a cool day and the two of us got into a mess of fish. We outfished the rest of them and it was great. But a storm came and we had to zip across the lake, in the rain & wind and cold! Not fun....but a great memory.

We have gone fishing in a lot of lakes around Central FL and one of my favorite places is the St. Johns River. It is a beautiful body of water....winding with little waterways that jut off from the main river. You can see so many birds, turtles and other wildlife that make for a peaceful trip....if it weren't for all the other boats and watercraft that tend to crowd the river. The best time to go is during the Super Bowl....trust me....:)



Hubby and a friend from work went fishing on the east coast recently near New Smyrna. They fished for several hours and brought back..........



...7 fish. Seven fish!! They caught maybe fifty fish, but could only keep 7. But they had a blast and that's all that counts.

Have a blessed night....and may your fish be many....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to go out on your boat. I'm not big on fishing, unless someone puts the bait on for me and then takes the fish off. :) I would also have to catch something every now and then because if too much time went by and there was nothing, I know I would just get bored and give up!! But being out on the water enjoying the sun, water, and company would be wonderful!! Let's plan a trip, OK?
Love ya,
Phyl

Pat said...

I'll put minnows on but that's it. I'm a pretty patient fisherwoman, especially if it's a beautiful, quiet day in a nice location. Clyde & Kevin had fun that day and only caught a few. It's the company like you said. Kevin loves to fish Lake Dorr on Hwy 19. Even goes up there by himself which I don't like but he's always careful...:) We'll make a trip up your way soon and have fun on the wadda...
Hope your weekend in Leesburg will be a blessed one.....
Love ya too!

Brittany said...

Oh la la! I am getting a little jealous over here!

As you know dear 'ole Dad raising me as a fisherGIRL : )

Pat said...

Sarah can almost keep up with her dad with the fishing! They have gone out in the shallow Gulf several times and had a blast. One time they had about 10 or so Dolphin swimming beside them, so close that she could almost touch them.