Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sis!!!

Today is my sister's birthday. She's......oh, it might be a secret to some but she's a year younger than me, so figure that out! She and her husband are out west on a week's vacation touring around Lake Tahoe, Yellowstone and trying not to get eaten by bears in the parking lot. She said she got a good photo of a juvenile dumpster diving. He was hungry after a long winter!

As we have grown older, we have gotten closer and I'm so happy about that. There's a special bond between sisters..I know there is with us. Now we fought like sisters when we were little. But we had good times too. We both remember giggling in our bed when our dad, thinking he was so funny tinkling these bells down the the hallway on Christmas Eve, and then laughing out loud once he got to his bedroom. Phyl and I had such a good laugh too and still to this day. And I still have those bells.


One of my favorite photos of us is to the left. We were in N. Georgia last month on vacation and had such a good time. This moment was on a walk in the woods and we just felt like being goofy and taking funny photos. What a fun time!

Thanks, sis, for good memories and being such a good friend to me. I love you dearly and always will.....:)

3 comments:

phyl said...

Hey Sis,
We just got back from Lake Tahoe EARLY this morning, like 2 AM!! Needless to say, we are really tired but we had an amazing time!!
Yes, sisters are special - bound by a connection only the 2 of them can understand. I cherish you and the wonderful times we have had together!! I can't wait until the next one!
And I will always be younger than you!! Ha! Ha! Ha! :)
Your loving sis,
Phyl

Pat said...

Hahaha right back. Just remember this....mom and dad loved me first.....nananananana!!! Love you!

phyl said...

Yup - you got me!!
Phyl